By A&C Black
Cost Your English Vocabulary for legislations is a workbook designed to aid non-native English audio system enhance their wisdom and figuring out of middle criminal terminology. The workbook contains crosswords, puzzles and be aware video games to check English vocabulary and a mixture of self-study workouts and sensible conversing actions suggest that this booklet is perfect for either domestic- and classbased research.
Read Online or Download Check Your English Vocabulary for Law (Check Your English Vocabulary series) PDF
Best dictionaries books
This variation is written in English. even though, there's a working French glossary on the backside of every web page for the more challenging English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are lots of versions of The Piazza stories. This variation will be precious should you woul
This illustrated textual content bargains a special method of utilizing American signal Language (ASL) and English in a bilingual atmosphere. all the 25 classes consists of signal language dialog utilizing colloqualisms which are universal in casual conversations. each one lesson contains similar expressions in English, plus: glossed vocabulary evaluation; translation workouts from ASL to English and to ASL; grammatical notes; substitution drills; and urged actions.
No e-book had extra impression on twentieth-century writers of English than Henry Fowler's Dictionary of recent English utilization. It quickly grew to become the normal paintings of reference for the proper use of English by way of number of phrases, grammar, and magnificence. a lot enjoyed for his company critiques, ardour, and dry humor, Fowler has stood the attempt of time and continues to be thought of by means of many to be the simplest arbiter of excellent perform.
- My Chinese Picture Dictionary
- Pictorial Dictionary of Ancient Athens
- The Practical Media Dictionary (Arnold Publication)
- Accounting Dictionary: English-Spanish, Spanish-English, Spanish-Spanish
- King Henry VI, Part I (Webster's German Thesaurus Edition)
Additional info for Check Your English Vocabulary for Law (Check Your English Vocabulary series)
4. Are same-sex marriages legal in Britain? 5. What is the difference between a separation and a divorce? 6. Complete this sentence with the appropriate word in bold: The judge decided that the marriage had never been legal and so he annexed / antedated / annulled it (in other words, he declared that it had no legal effect). 7. What is the name we give to the notifiable offence of going through a ceremony of marriage to someone when you are still married to someone else? Is it: (a) monogamy (b) bigamy (c) polygamy (d) monotony 8.
Man: Look at this note, Cheri. It arrived in the post today. It says 'Leave £10,000 in cash in the bin by the bus stop, or I'll tell everyone your dirty secret'. Woman: Don't worry about it, Tony. It's probably another little joke from him next door. 18. Prosecuting lawyer: Tell us again what happened on the night of the incident, Mr Williams. And let me remind you that you are still under oath. Defendant: Like I told you, I was at home asleep, so I have no idea what happened. Prosecuting lawyer: Don't lie, Mr Williams.
Article 30: Freedom from interference in all of the above rights. Now go to Human Rights 2 on the next page. 42 For reference see Dictionary of Law 4th edition (A & C Black 0-7475-6636-4). Human Unit rights 0000 2 In each of situations 1 – 29, one or more of the articles from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been broken or abused. Match each of the situations with the relevant article or articles (see pages 40 – 42). Choose from between Article 3 and Article 26 only. 1. Children between the age of 5 and 11 have to go to school, but their parents must pay for it.