By Ric Shreves
This ebook is the appropriate advent to theming with Drupal five. with a purpose to create a notable new search for your Drupal web site, this booklet is for you. ranging from the fundamentals of subject setup and configuration, you'll know about the Drupal theming structure and the PHPTemplate engine, after which movement directly to editing current subject matters and construction new issues from scratch. integrated is a whole consultant to some of the type sheets and themeable services in Drupal five, making this publication a precious source to even skilled subject matter builders.
By Ka Wai Cheung
There are not any trite superlatives the following. choked with classes realized from greater than a decade of software program improvement adventure, writer Ka Wai Cheung takes you thru the programming occupation from approximately each perspective to discover methods of maintaining a fit reference to your paintings. you will see tips on how to remain effective even at the longest initiatives. you will create a workflow that works with you, now not opposed to you. and you can how to take care of consumers whose ambitions don’t align together with your personal. should you do not deal with them perfect, matters resembling those can overwhelm even the main pro, stimulated developer. yet with definitely the right process, you could go beyond those universal difficulties and develop into the pro developer you need to be.
By Charles Brown
Flex 2 represents anything of a revolution in net functions. it's the subsequent evolutionary step of Flash, which has grown from an internet animation instrument to a robust firm website design and improvement device. with approximately ninety eight% of all net browsers and mobile telephones operating the Flash participant had to use Flash and Flex functions, wisdom of Flex is necessary for any critical internet clothier and developer.
This publication will aid you create robust, wealthy web purposes utilizing Flex 2 and ActionScript 3.0. After studying easy methods to set up and turning into acquainted with the fundamentals of the Flex Builder 2 software program, you are going to discover extensive how ActionScript 3.0 interacts with Flexs robust XML-like layout language: MXML. the textual content will take you thru all of the robust positive aspects of Flex utilizing a chain of strictly useful exercises.
Put simply, this e-book is all youll have to grasp Flex 2 and ActionScript 3.0 software improvement. Welcome to the revolution!
- Understand MXML boxes
- Create transitions
- Create data-driven functions with XML
- Interface Flex with ColdFusion
- Understand the facility of states
By Ed Tittel, Jeff Noble
Now that includes greater than 250 colour illustrations all through, this perennially renowned advisor is a needs to for rookies who are looking to paintings with HTML or XHTML, which stay the basis for any website. the hot variation good points approximately 50 percentage new and up to date content material, together with multiplied assurance of CSS and scripting, new assurance of syndication and podcasting, and new pattern HTML initiatives, together with a private website, an eBay public sale web page, a firm site, and an internet product catalog. The significant other site beneficial properties an eight-page extended Cheat Sheet with ready-reference details on instructions, syntax, shades, CSS parts, and extra. It covers making plans a website, formatting web content, utilizing CSS, getting artistic with shades and fonts, handling layouts, and integrating scripts
By Brian P. Hogan, Chris Warren, Mike Weber, Chris Johnson
Web improvement is continually altering, and also you have to remain on best of your video game. find a large spectrum of net improvement suggestions, from find out how to increase how you current content material, to suggestions for facts research, checking out, and deployment.
In this variation we introduce new instruments, upload new recipes, and modernize previous ones. you are going to use Vagrant to automate server setup, and you can detect new how you can boost blogs and static websites. you will the best way to use Grunt to script the deployment of your net venture, and use Angular to construct a single-page app.
You'll the way to make content material stand out with basic cross-browser types; create animations that paintings good far and wide with no plugins; and create light-weight, responsive layouts. we will assist you to use preprocessors like CoffeeScript and Sass; write checks to your code; use Git and Dropbox to collaborate; configure and safe the Apache net server; use virtualization to establish your individual servers instantly; and masses more.
Whether you are new to front-end improvement, or you may have many years of expertise, you will turn into a extra flexible developer via checking out how---and why---to use those ideas on your subsequent project.
What You Need:
By Keith Wald, Jason Lengstorf
Take benefit of the enhanced functionality and lowered reminiscence standards of personal home page model 7, and discover ways to make the most of the hot integrated Hypertext Preprocessor capabilities and lines equivalent to typed variable enforcement with declare(strict_types=1) and the hot to be had information forms, scalar variety declarations for functionality arguments and go back statements, consistent arrays utilizing define(), argument unpacking with the ... operator, integer department with intdiv(), the null coalesce operator, the spaceship operator, new exception forms, and enhancements to current features.
After analyzing and utilizing this publication, you will come away having equipped an absolutely sensible Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery net software so you might reapply as a template on your personal specific net program.
After analyzing and utilizing this ebook, you are going to come away knowing a completely useful Hypertext Preprocessor utilizing jQuery internet software case examine so you might reapply as a template on your personal specific internet application.
Moreover, from personal home page 7, you will get uniform variable syntax, the AST-based compilation strategy, the further Closure::call(), bitwise shift consistency throughout systems, the (null coalesce) operator, Unicode codepoint break out syntax, go back kind declarations, and new and more uncomplicated extensions improvement with aid for redis, MongoDB and masses extra.
By Elizabeth Castro
Are looking to the right way to construct sites quickly? This best-selling guide’s visible structure and step by step, task-based directions may have you up and working with HTML5 and CSS3 very quickly. This 7th version is a huge revision, with nearly a hundred twenty five pages extra and vast updates to (or whole rewrites of) approximately each web page from the previous variation. Authors Elizabeth Castro and Bruce Hyslop use transparent directions, pleasant prose, and real-world code samples to educate you HTML and CSS from the floor up. Over the process 21 chapters you'll easy methods to:
- Write semantic HTML, either with parts which were round for years and ones which are new in HTML5.
- Prepare photographs for the net and upload them on your pages.
- Use CSS to type textual content, upload history shades and photographs, and enforce a multicolumn layout.
- Build a unmarried web site for all users—whether they're utilizing a cellular phone, capsule, desktop, computing device desktop, or different Web-enabled device—based on some of the parts of responsive website design, together with CSS3 media queries.
- Leverage new selectors in CSS3, upload internet fonts for your pages with @font-face, and use CSS3 results equivalent to opacity, historical past alpha transparency, gradients, rounded corners, drop shadows, shadows within components, textual content shadows, and a number of historical past images.
- Improve your site’s accessibility with ARIA landmark roles and different strong coding practices.
- Build types to solicit enter out of your visitors.
- Include media on your pages with the HTML5 audio and video elements.
- Test and debug your net pages.
- Secure a website identify and submit your site.
And even more! All ebook code samples and extra can be found at the significant other site.
By Elliotte Rusty Harold
Elliotte Rusty Harold's REFACTORING HTML: bettering THE layout OF current internet purposes can also be a decide for any library powerful in net programming: it explains the right way to use refactoring to enhance a website or software and is written for all degrees of programmers, providing quite a number how to modernize present layouts, replace outdated internet purposes, and paintings with present code and structure.
By Jon Duckett
- Shows internet builders how one can make the transition from HTML to XHTML, an XML-based reformulation of HTML that gives better layout flexibility
- Demonstrates tips to paintings with CSS (Cascading type Sheets)-now supported by way of 90 percentage of browsers and essential to new site-building instruments from Macromedia and others-and enforce a constant type all through and full web site
- Explains find out how to make a website available to individuals with impaired imaginative and prescient, constrained hand use, dyslexia, and different issues-now a criminal requirement for plenty of websites within the U.S. and the U.K.
By Christopher John Pecoraro
Develop strong sleek web-based software program functions and RESTful APIs with Laravel, one of many most well liked Hypertext Preprocessor frameworks
About This Book
- Master the flashiest functionalities Laravel has to offer
- Use PHPSpec to layout testable software program via specification to make sure caliber code
- Explore the best-practices and newest positive aspects of Laravel 5
Who This booklet Is For
If you're an skilled or a able personal home page programmer who has a uncomplicated figuring out of the strategies of contemporary personal home page (at least model 5.4), this publication is perfect for you.
Basic object-oriented programming and database wisdom is predicted. you need to already understand your manner round Laravel, or have not less than experimented with the framework.
What you are going to Learn
- Convert requisites into sessions and services, utilizing a specification-based behavioral-driven layout (BDD)
- Create a deployment script for a continual supply environment
- Use Eloquent to have interaction with the database in an object-oriented manner
- Create RESTful APIs to permit an software to engage with different programs
- Easily scale software program with path caching and the read/write configuration
- Use DocBlock annotations to reinforce controllers and decrease the volume of code required
PHP keeps to restore and Laravel is at its leading edge. Laravel follows sleek PHP's object-oriented most sensible practices and decreases time-to-market, allowing you to construct powerful net and API-driven cellular functions that may be immediately verified and deployed.
With this ebook you'll find out how to speedily enhance software program functions utilizing the Laravel five personal home page framework.
This publication walks you thru the production of an software, beginning with behavior-driven layout of entities. you are going to discover quite a few elements of contemporary software program together with the RESTful API, and may be brought to command bus. Laravel's annotations package deal can be defined and tested. ultimately, the ebook closes with an illustration of alternative how you can set up and scale your applications.