By Marlaine C. Smith PhD RN NEA-BC FAAN, Marian C. Turkel RN PhD NEA-BC FAAN, Zane Robinson Wolf PhD RN FAAN
This is a middle source for nursing educators and scholars in any respect degrees who search primary views at the artwork and technological know-how of worrying. The publication is geared up into 9 sections delivering an in-depth research of the evolution of being concerned scholarship, systematic reports of the concept that of worrying, theoretical views, middle-range and grand theories, seminal learn experiences, study designs and techniques, perform versions for the combination of worrying inside of modern hospital-based perform environments, worrying in groups and for the surroundings, management and administrative matters, and the way forward for worrying technology. it truly is co-published with the Watson being concerned technological know-how Institute (WCSI).
Read or Download Caring in Nursing Classics: An Essential Resource PDF
Similar nursing books
(BMJ Books) Univ. medical institution, Nottingham, united kingdom. offers a concise consultant to issues of the higher gastrointestinal tract. hugely illustrated with charts, diagrams, and colour pictures. displays most up-to-date advances in knowing the pathophysiology and pathogenesis of this disorder. For scientific scholars, nurses, and clinicians.
Saying a greater resource for in charge solutions on your fast paced box! This new reference, edited through James G. Adams, MD, offers the proper of information - the best means - so that you can get what you would like and flow on. you will have simply enough historical past to appreciate each one challenge with out getting slowed down .
Emergency nursing calls for swift overview and decision-making. frequently nurses are required to make feel of substantial quantities of data and act on it. The Oxford instruction manual of Emergency Nursing offers a necessary source whilst time is brief and the necessity for functional medical assistance is paramount.
- Reflections on Doctors: Nurses' Stories about Physicians and Surgeons (Kaplan Voices Nurses)
- Review Manual for the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator Exam
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination
- Ethical Decision Making in Nursing and Health Care: The Symphonological Approach, Fourth Edition
- Trauma Rehabilitation
Extra resources for Caring in Nursing Classics: An Essential Resource
It includes three interrelated theories of self-care deficit, self-care, and nursing systems. Assuming that human beings need “continuous self-maintenance and self-regulation”6(p. 39) through actions referred to as “self-care”6(p. 39) and that their ability to meet this need can vary, caregivers may be required to perform specific actions to assist patients in meeting their self-care requisites when they are unable to do so themselves. The main caring functions identified by Orem are part of a “helping system”6(p.
The implication is that patients with similar needs are cared for equally, that nurses do not lavish more care on one patient than another; each is cared for in turn. Still there is little evidence that caring is a uniform state. 64 Is this because the caring affect may be depleted? Or is it because the nurse’s personal needs for emotional protection take precedence over the human trait of caring for others? If caring is viewed as a therapeutic intervention, then physical exhaustion may reduce the nurse’s ability to continue to provide care.
9) and “installation of faithhope”1(p. 75)) that are enacted in the context of the caring relationship. Several questions arise regarding Watson’s1,29,58 theory. 59 Second, the depth of the nurse– patient relationship required in Watson’s theory may be impossible to attain in many nursing situations in which the length of hospitalization is short, the nurse–patient contact is brief (as with minor surgical admissions), or the patients are unable to interact with the nurses (as in the case of unconscious or cognitively impaired patients).