By John H. Harvey, Visit Amazon's Terri L. Orbuch Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Terri L. Orbuch, , Ann L. Weber
ATTRIBUTIONS, bills and shut RELATIONSHPIS records attributional and bills ways to the learn of shut relationships. problems with concentration comprise conversation professional- blems in marriage and their dating with causal attri- butions; marital violence and its courting with early studying event; ego-defensive attribution and excuse- making in and with appreciate to scientific difficulties; and attributions approximately transitions in relationships.
Read or Download Attributions, Accounts, and Close Relationships PDF
Best relationships books
Why does society applaud a woman who falls for a guy’s “big blue eyes” but denounces one that chooses a guy with a “big eco-friendly bankroll”? in the end, isn’t incomes energy extra a mirrored image of a man’s values and personality? clever women Marry funds demanding situations the beliefs and assumptions ladies have blindly authorised approximately love and marriage—and exhibits how they’ve performed so at their very own financial peril.
Researchers occasionally paintings in settings that are almost certainly harmful to their healthiness and safeguard. for instance, they are often at risk of violent disagreement, verbal abuse or infectious ailments. This quantity explores the contexts, settings and occasions which pose excessive actual danger to the fieldworker, and provides the concepts the writer has built for decreasing the dangers.
- The Rules(TM): Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
- The Little Book of Flirting
- Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships
- How to Think Like Einstein: Simple Ways to Break the Rules and Discover Your Hidden Genius
- How To Be A Better Boyfriend: The Relationship Manual For Becoming Mr. Right And Making A Woman Happy
- The Mathematics of Love: Patterns, Proofs and the Search for the Ultimate Equation
Additional resources for Attributions, Accounts, and Close Relationships
They are not parts of a social whole. This gives rise to problems, for this private and isolated person in the Greek romance often behaves, on the surface, like a public man, and precisely the public man of the rhetorical and historical genres. He delivers long speeches that are rhetorically structured and in which he seeks to enlighten us with the private and intimate details of his love life, his exploits and adventure-but all in the form of a public accounting. M. Bakhtin, translated by Caryl Emerson and Michael Holquist, pp.
143-144, © 1981. ) Here, then, suggests Bakhtin, we can begin to find the origins of intimacy, of intimate speech genres, which have their currency within these private enclaves, away from public life at large. They are genres in which people account for their lives, not just to anyone in general, publicly, but to a limited group of others located in a familiar (family) setting. This, of course raises problems for us, as scientists facing the task of accounting for close relationships in general, publicly agreed terms.
1. Basic pattern of an account episode and some variants. phase. However, the opponent may also respond with a neutral why question or an expression of sympathy or compassion, instead of, or in addition to, a reproach. 3. Account phase. The actor, called upon to respond to the opponent's challenge, may react with an account in the narrow sense-an excuse or a justification.